What's new

Surface RT 64GB for $600

GreatWindows

Ok so i was looking through Craigslist and i saw someone near me selling a 6GB RT for $650......i texted him and after a little bit going back and forth he told me that he will let it go for $600, he sent me tons of pictures etc.........Should i do it? : / its temping, but i hate buying used electronics..but it seems like a sweet deal.

Opinions please :D

J515OP

Super Moderator
I would do it if after seeing it in person verifying it works as it is supposed to. People have all sorts of reasons for getting rid of things so there isn't necessarily anything wrong with buying used. Of course there is always a little more risk since you can't directly return it to the seller. I might even see if he has a store receipt just in case.

bosamar

You'll also be missing out on a few months of warranty. I also agree you should see it in person. The price sounds kinda steep to me; I think the depreciation should be greater, like $500 sounds much better to me! :big smile:

R0bR

Whatever the price I would ask him to add the extended warranty, but obviously pay him for it, just in case.

pvtpyle75

Probably selling it to buy the Pro in a couple of weeks. I think the price is steep though. Microsoft is going to start selling the 64 GB without keyboard for $600 now and you have the full warranty. I am assuming that the person selling is including a keyboard?
My personal opinion when you are in this price range, new is always better, especially when it comes to dealing with people on craigslist.

pvtpyle75

yes its with the keyboard. when will they be selling it for $600 just he 64GB?

I believe around February 9th when the Pro releases. They are also selling limited edition touch covers at that time

Surface Touch Cover Limited Edition

"The Surface family is growing.

Work like never before on Surface Windows 8 Pro. Take the power and performance of a laptop and carry it around wherever you go. Perfect as your one device – in the office, on the road, or at home – it can run Windows 8 applications, as well as current Windows 7 desktop applications. Starting at an estimated retail price of US $899, Surface Windows 8 Pro comes in in 64GB and 128GB models¹. Surface Windows 8 Pro will be available online, in Microsoft Stores and through select retail partners on February 9, 2013.

Surface Windows RT will also be available in a new 64GB¹ standalone version for an estimated retail price of US $599 to allow you the option of selecting a Cover of your choice."

OP
GreatWindows

GreatWindows

I believe around February 9th when the Pro releases. They are also selling limited edition touch covers at that time

Surface Touch Cover Limited Edition

"The Surface family is growing.

Work like never before on Surface Windows 8 Pro. Take the power and performance of a laptop and carry it around wherever you go. Perfect as your one device – in the office, on the road, or at home – it can run Windows 8 applications, as well as current Windows 7 desktop applications. Starting at an estimated retail price of US $899, Surface Windows 8 Pro comes in in 64GB and 128GB models¹. Surface Windows 8 Pro will be available online, in Microsoft Stores and through select retail partners on February 9, 2013.

Surface Windows RT will also be available in a new 64GB¹ standalone version for an estimated retail price of US $599 to allow you the option of selecting a Cover of your choice."

I ended up getting a 32GB with a 64GB with military discount :D