The biggest reason Microsoft has started targeting the MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, Aug 25, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Here's an interesting BGR article on why Microsoft is targeting the MacBook Air with the Surface Pro 3,

Continue Reading @:

2. PhilBiker

PhilBiker New Member

No link. I'm interested in reading!

3. wynand32

wynand32 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    As much as I can't stand BGR, they make a decent point here. The higher end of the PC market does seem to be the one that continues to grow.

Of course, they're wrong in that Microsoft isn't _just_ positioning the SP3 against the MacBook Air. That's a fallacy that most tech pundits have glommed onto.

Really, the SP3 is naturally positioned against the iPad; there's no reason for Microsoft to make that connection. Rather, they're going after the MacBook Air _as well_, in combination with the iPad. That's why they're constantly talking about replacing two devices at once, the notebook and the tablet.

I don't know if it's working in general, although it certainly works for me. I'll be interested in hearing about SP3 sales in their next financial report.

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Well lets see... who are they going to go after??? Lenovo, Dell, HP, ... you know, their partners??? Nope! Who does that leave?

Oh yeah and their partners are said to be nervous about the Surface. Well, they should be, after the lame approach they have taken which stagnated the PC market. The extremely slow pace of upgrades they were on was like Chinese water torture... drip, drip, drip.