What's new

The NFL Plans to Use the Microsoft Surface on the Sidelines

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
nfl-surface.jpeg

NFL fans have probably noticed over the decades that officials, players and coaches on the sidelines are still using the old fashioned printed pictures of replays on laminated paper. It seems antiquated with today's technology, and apparently, the execs in the NFL agree. The NFL just announced a new partnership with Microsoft that will instead allow them to use MS Surface tablets on the sidelines.

This deal also apprarently extends to a logo licensing contract with Microsoft. A few teams have recently taken to using Apple iPads for this same functionality, and they will still be allowed to do so, but only if they cover up the Apple logo. It seems Microsoft wants only their Surface to be obvious on the sidelines of the big games. Smart marketing!

Source: Gizmodo

Russ

Dgstorm --

Love it! For me that's a three'fer: I'm a football fan, a Surface Pro owner and a Microsoft shareholder. I like it from all three perspectives.

Regards,
Russ

Arizona Willie

If they had selected ipads Apple would not let any team keep on using Surface tablets. They would demand the Apple and ONLY Apple be used.

nfl-surface.jpeg

NFL fans have probably noticed over the decades that officials, players and coaches on the sidelines are still using the old fashioned printed pictures of replays on laminated paper. It seems antiquated with today's technology, and apparently, the execs in the NFL agree. The NFL just announced a new partnership with Microsoft that will instead allow them to use MS Surface tablets on the sidelines.

This deal also apprarently extends to a logo licensing contract with Microsoft. A few teams have recently taken to using Apple iPads for this same functionality, and they will still be allowed to do so, but only if they cover up the Apple logo. It seems Microsoft wants only their Surface to be obvious on the sidelines of the big games. Smart marketing!

Source: Gizmodo