What's new

Touch screen interprets any finger touch as a long press (i.e. right click)

Mathijs1

My Surface 3 has over the last two days occasionally turned to interpreting any touch with a finger as a long press, which it takes for a right click. It does seem to start when using the pen and OneNote but I'm not sure that's it. I haven't found any way to fix other than by restarting the tablet.

Is this a known issue?

OP
M

Mathijs1

Thanks for the reply. Restart fixes it. The issue seems to arise when I am regularly switching between using OneNote with pen, and other applications. I would imagine it is something to do with OneNote's option to differentiate between pen and finger input (possible Drawboard PDF does something similar and is involved now that I think of it).

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a known bug present back during the Technical Preview. Be sure to use the feedback tool to tell MS about it. Having to restart my machine mid lecture/seminar was not ideal

OP
M

Mathijs1

This is a known bug present back during the Technical Preview. Be sure to use the feedback tool to tell MS about it. Having to restart my machine mid lecture/seminar was not ideal

I will do that. Haven't had it happen during class yet, but it would be less than ideal, yes.