What's new

Trouble opening email attachments?

Roxy Terteryan

Has anyone had trouble opening email attachments on their SurfacePro 2? My Surface won't allow me to download attachments (PDFs, word docs, etc). The files are not too big and they are secure from a reliable source. I also have the latest updates on the Surface, so that can't be the problem either.

I'm looking for a way to get around this issue. Phone support was not very helpful when I called.

Thanks!

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

The title says open and your post says download. Can you not download them? If that's the case what happens when you try?

guymalloc

Download Windows Live Essentials from the Microsoft web site, and use Live Mail instead, works just like on Windows 7.....

leeshor

Still waiting to find out what the error is. There are as limited number of things that will stop a download of an attachment if you have a good Internet connection.

OP
R

Roxy Terteryan

Sorry for the late reply! The error message says, "One or more files couldn't download - Try again" and it repeats when I try again.

leeshor

Do you have any idea what those files are or how large they are?

If you are getting other mail after that a stuck message is pretty much ruled out.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Download from where? what email. some corporate email systems block attachment downloads to unauthorized clients.