Typing speed with type covers and proper keyboard

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Accessories' started by Moonsurface, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Moonsurface

Moonsurface Super Moderator Staff Member

Jul 13, 2014
    My Device:
    For a bit of fun I tested out my new SP4 typecover (on my SP3) versus the old type cover and also tried the same on my desktop PC. I used this site: Typing Speed Test - Online Typing Test
    Firstly I'm a fairly capable typist - I don't stick wholly to touch typing rules but thanks to typing lessons taken on actual typewriters (yes those things) when I was a teenager I do manage to use the majority of my fingers when typing and can type without looking at the keys.

Here's the score from the SP4 type cover incidentally I did this one while sitting on my bed:

I made four mistakes

Here's the SP3 typecover:

I made I think 7 mistakes with that keyboard

And here's my Microsoft comfort 5000 on my desktop PC.

I made 6 mistakes with the desktop keyboard

Ha! I have to say though with the SP3 type cover I started off really quick and I was thinking it was going to beat the SP4 cover, but then my fingers drifted off and I typed several mistakes in a row. Similar thing happened on my Desktop keyboard, a misalignment of fingers messed up a few words. All in all pretty similar scores I think the SP4 type cover enabled better finger placement (even over the desktop keyboard??) and less likelihood of drifting off piste.

What's your score?
    sharpuser likes this.