What's new

What is a hidden network?

Tsurugaya

I have a hidden network that shows up wherever I go. Is this of use to me why do I have it?
You have it because you've logged into it and you selected the automatic login feature. That way it will show up if you would like to connect to it again.

OP
M

mudd.puddle

Cant recall ever logging into it. I do not have the password. Is there a way to remove it?
On a side note I have two logins one has my Hotmail email assigned to it with my full name and the other with my first name. They both use my windows live password. Not sure how I got two login prompts to sign into my computer. Under User accounts there is only one admin. Mine. Is there a way to fix this. I didn't encounter the problem until I made new aliases under my windows live account for outlook. Cant upload the snap shot. :/

I went into settings wifi and it is not under my known wifi networks.
n networks.. Its at my cabin its at my parents house its at my brothers house its at the library. No idea what it is.

Last edited:

Tsurugaya

You men that when you tap/click the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar on the bottom of the Wi-Fi list you see Hidden network?

If that is the case someone within range has a router set to not broadcast the SSID. Nothing to worry about.