What's new

Why is M$ so bad at updating their devices?

I thought it would be great to buy a surface pro 3 because it is microsoft's flagship device. If there are any updates to Windows or any drivers, microsoft can take care of it without having to rely on third party manufactures. This is why I use a Nexus android phone. It is from google and it is taken care of by google. No waiting for third party oems to build software and have it go through wireless carrier certification resulting in getting the update a year and a half later. This is WHY I bought the SP3. To have that reliability. This is why apple does so well with their macs. Everyone gets their updates in a timely fashion and it works. I just tried to install a system firmware update 07/23/2015, but keep getting a message saying update couldn't be installed. This is, I believe, the third update this has happened to. There are always errors trying to update. A google search reveals that every update that has failed for me has failed for a myriad of others, so it's not my specific device. Why in the heck can't Microsoft get their own devices to work? I'm sick of my $1,300.00 device failing to update. After this is paid off... I'm defecting to a macbook. Take note Microsoft: Windows 10 is fantastic and restored my faith in windows as an OS, however, I don't have the time and/or patience to troubleshoot every failed update from you guys and shouldn't have to with an official flagship device I shelled out over a grand for. /rant

leeshor

From your post it does sound like you are on 10 so I moved it to the 10 section but if you're having such trouble why not just roll back to 8.1?