Windeows 8.1 The Best OS for Tablets?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by Knuck111, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Knuck111

Knuck111 New Member

IMO, Windows 8.1 is the best tablet OS. Far exceeds IOS7 and Android. This coming from a long time Mac user.

2. MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Maybe so but I think the desktop/metro environments rather than just 1 environment is still a drawback for this OS. I would like to see it as a smoother transition between the 2 or possibly even the metro apps hanging out on a swipe-able desktop page kinda like IOS and Android having more than 1 homescreen.

3. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    With 8.1 you do have the choice of which of home screens you want when you boot, Metro or Desktop. I'll admit, I leave it boot to Metro even though I spend most of my time using the desktop, but I think that will change. We will all be weaned from the desktop windows eventually. It takes time for first class apps such as Office 2013 to become a Metro app. I also believe when Metro becomes the standard work environment, RT Surfaces will become a lot more popular, with just the speed beng it's main detriment compared to the pro. I don't see any other way the Microsoft could have ventured into a new Windows world and kept a foot in the past, so as not to abandon all the present Windows apps.

4. MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    No, I'm talking about the metro apps and the desktop apps or screens being joined together so you just swipe from 1 to another. More fluid and instantaneous than it currently is. Seamlessly if you will.

5. godson594

godson594 Active Member

I like Metro UI when I have it in hand as a tablet. I don't like that I'm stuck with IE as my Metro browser but all in all I like the flow of everything. I prefer the flow to it over my iPad actually.

6. DragonGamer

DragonGamer New Member

Hmm, indeed! I'm just imagining something like a 2-finger-swipe which allows you just to drag any desktop-window or icons away, immediatly dragging the metro squares in instead.
    That'd be awesome...

7. callihan_44

callihan_44 Member

first time I experienced windows 8 was on a laptop, HATED THE EXPERIENCE. Now ive learned to use it on a tablet its not all that bad

8. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Same as everyone else who gives it a chance really!