What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnoonan72

Does anyone (or maybe everyone) here run into issues when using the Pen in either the Preview of modern One Note or One Note 2013? In the preview, mine crashes right after I start writing. I can write one letter and then the app crashes. In One Note 2013 it will work for about half of a page and then weird things start happening like things that I have written disappear and then return when I write in the same area. If anyone knows of a way to fix these issues I would love to know what to do. I have installed 9926 twice and have had the same issues both times. I am considering rolling back to 8.1 due to this issue since it is taking a while to get a new build, but I would rather stay on 10.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
News Flash: "Microsoft to accelerate its release pace for Windows 10 preview"

"It's taking considerably longer than some members of the Windows Insider program expected, but Microsoft appears to be on the verge of releasing an updated Windows 10 preview build. And this time, the company says, it's serious about picking up the pace."

Buckle your seatbelts :) Really, I Mean it, I'm not kidding, don't laugh, I'm serious. :D

francesco

Does anyone (or maybe everyone) here run into issues when using the Pen in either the Preview of modern One Note or One Note 2013? In the preview, mine crashes right after I start writing. I can write one letter and then the app crashes. In One Note 2013 it will work for about half of a page and then weird things start happening like things that I have written disappear and then return when I write in the same area. If anyone knows of a way to fix these issues I would love to know what to do. I have installed 9926 twice and have had the same issues both times. I am considering rolling back to 8.1 due to this issue since it is taking a while to get a new build, but I would rather stay on 10.
yes is a well known (sigh) issue...

I doubt that Microsoft will give 10036 to insiders. The latest build for the next release (fbl_impressive) is 10039 and Gabe Aul tweeted yesterday that the blocking bug has been fixed and a build is going testing on the internal rings for release. So it is likely that 10039 will be released to the Fast ring sometime next week barring a serious issue.

Jagdesh

i just hope the new build solves the problem with Microsoft wireless adapter.

I just got back home and opened it and on 9926 build its not even detecting the Microsoft wireless adapter for some reason I have model number 1628 and lot no.1445

Arizona Willie

I had about decided Microsoft was going to DUMP Windows 10, and maybe they should.

I've been beta testing since Windows 95 -- except when they decided to demand we PAY THEM to beta test and I told 'em where to shove that -- and have never seen such a long time between releases. 2 weeks was the average time between beta releases on most versions of Windows.

What is the point of being an Insider to test W10 if there is nothing to test?

Going 2 months between releases made me pretty sure that they ran into some darn big problems ... and they were pretty obvious. Cortana DOES NOT work. Spartan was not ready ( don't know if it is now or not because we haven't been able to play with it, although I understand there is a way to get it but I haven't bothered because I have been disgusted with the lack of new builds ) and Continuum is just someone's wet dream and doesn't appear to be anywhere near release.

Other than those things, W10 is just W8.1 with altered user interface.
It may be a bit prettier when finally released --- who in the hell did the graphics for the Settings in W10 -- black and white line drawings. But nothing substantially different.

W10 still uses NFTS file system ... did NOT go 64 bit exclusively and until it does it is going to remain hampered in some respects. Although doing so will cause us all major headaches as we lose old 32 bit programs.

To add to the problems, I have two programs from Nuance --- Dragon Naturally Speaking and Paperport which I use all the time --- especially Paperport and they do not work with 9926. If they don't work with the final release version of W10 I will remain with W8.1 because I'm not going to spend almost $500 for new versions of those programs ... at least not until there is no other possible option. If the only option is to forgo W10 == well no bigee because I don't see anything that revolutionary in W10 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.