What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllTaken

Well I did 2 updates through the settings panel, and now the brightness works fine. Odd.
Display driver update perhaps. Glad it's working. I like this new build and can't wait for Spartan now that IE is giving me such issues. Cortana is dead in the water UK side :(

Trying to work out if there is a tweak to get a transparent start menu in this build.

RémiM

Display driver update perhaps. Glad it's working. I like this new build and can't wait for Spartan now that IE is giving me such issues. Cortana is dead in the water UK side :(

Trying to work out if there is a tweak to get a transparent start menu in this build.

Cortana didn't do it to canada either.

I cannot change the size of the app icons in the start menu. Small and medium are ok, but wide and large don't work.

mitchellvii

Not sure if this is intentional or not but window animations are not smooth at all. They kind of flash weird. Whatever don't like it at all.

AllTaken

Not sure if this is intentional or not but window animations are not smooth at all. They kind of flash weird. Whatever don't like it at all.

Mine seem smooth so far. Did you download the august display driver via the link I posted? Afterwards did you get the Jan 15th firmware update in windows update? That brings your display driver uptodate.

Stephan

When you install the ISO file of the technical preview, can you install it on the same SSD, and have a choice beteween windows 8.1 and windows 10 when you turn on the Surface Pro 3 (dual boot) ?

AllTaken

When you install the ISO file of the technical preview, can you install it on the same SSD, and have a choice beteween windows 8.1 and windows 10 when you turn on the Surface Pro 3 (dual boot) ?

If you make a seperate partition. One caveat - Your recovery system will become Windows 10 to my knowledge.

mitchellvii

Mine seem smooth so far. Did you download the august display driver via the link I posted? Afterwards did you get the Jan 15th firmware update in windows update? That brings your display driver uptodate.

Thanks. I really want to use the Intel drivers that include the HD Control Panel but need the ones that will be compatible. Do those have the HD Control Panel?

AllTaken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.