What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper4000

Has anyone tried the new Windows 10 that was released today? Does it let you set DPI scaling independently on each monitor? I really hope that issue is fixed.

I believe this was corrected in the last version. I could drag a window over from my 27inch monitor running 2500x1400 @ 100% and would rescale everything to 150% on the surface screen automatically.

This issue is most definitely NOT fixed. I spent the weekend upgrading my Surface to Windows 10 and I'm extremely disappointed that so far Microsoft has done absolutely nothing to address this issue. In my professional opinion, I strongly suggest again upgrading a physical computer to Windows 10 as it's full of bugs. It seems to have a lot of potential, so if you want to play around with it, just setup a virtual machine. I hope they fix issue this soon.

B

B'midbar

I can tell you that the Independent DPI per monitor issue is NOT fixed. In fact, it's still exactly the same as Windows 8.1. I highly recommend against upgrading to 10 as it's FULL of bugs.

Two days in and "yes," it has problems. Battery discharge/charge times are horrible compared to 8.1, had heartburn with docked versus undocked in the port replicator and recognizing monitors, but going to hang in there and ride it out.

If it gets really gruesome I do have the image and tools to do a bare metal restore, including my apps and data, but a couple of others up here who I've noted that it's their production machine as well and being a techie I'll ride it out.

bluegrass

Has anyone figured out how to make the pen button open Desktop OneNote 2013 instead of MUI OneNote? I set it to default which used to work but no longer does.

MUI OneNote seems to have removed the option to change pen thickness? Only choice you have is ultra-fine which kind of blows. Whatever happened to the cool and useful little pop-up pie controls? Is this another example of M$ improving our lives by breaking something everyone loved?

I noticed that it's a new OneNote just for the Windows 10 Preview. You're right, it's missing a lot but I figured it's just because it's a new Preview client only versions and wasn't going to worry about it. I haven't tried to run the old desktop version and I never did much with the MUI version.

Status
Not open for further replies.