What's new

Windows 10 release date - 7/29

leeshor

This morning I attended a Microsoft meeting, (dog and pony show), sponsored by one of my local vendors. The person hosting the meeting, (Mark Hauge), is our account manager. According to Mark Windows 10 will be officially released July 29th.

Kinda got it from the horse's mouth as it were.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

I saw that. The only thing I know is what Microsoft said. My rep said he only found out Friday morning.

Chuck_IV

Ugh. This looks to be an update via the Windows Update function only.

I do not want to update that way, especially from Windows 7. Hopefully they will allow us to do a fresh install via an is or something along those lines.

kundas1

I actually now have a windows logo on the task bar (lower right) on my windows 7 and it says "get windows 10" then when I click on it, it asks if I want to upgrade and if I answer yes it puts me on a "reserve" list... wonder if that is happening to anyone else?

Spider

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually now have a windows logo on the task bar (lower right) on my windows 7 and it says "get windows 10" then when I click on it, it asks if I want to upgrade and if I answer yes it puts me on a "reserve" list... wonder if that is happening to anyone else?

That was added to your system when you applied update KB3035583. It's part of a marketing program they're referring to as GWX.

"There's actually a road map hidden in plain sight, included with the update for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that enables the Get Windows 10 icon. An XML file installed with that update contains important clues about the program."

More here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/get-wi...=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

VickiFL

I got this as well, and I am also on the "reserve list."