What's new

A stroll down Windows memory lane

They left out mention of OS/2 which is what lead to the NT series. MS had a huge hand in it.
 
They left out mention of OS/2 which is what lead to the NT series. MS had a huge hand in it.
True but I don't think it was ever available from Microsoft and IBM drove it in a direction that was self-serving as IBM are wont to do.
 
I used it for awhile. 1.2 and 1.3 were sad. 2.0 wasn't too bad, warp 3 and 4 were quite well done, but it was much too little, too late. The underlying kernel design was awesome and still used today. Ahh, the old days.
 

Attachments

  • win10floppy.jpg
    win10floppy.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 510
My FIRST PC, (I was a Commodore convert), had Windows 95C on it, and when it started up the boot image said Windows 97, came that way from the now defunct company.....
 
Windows 95 was when I fell in love with Microsoft... remember the first day I saw it at school! #geek :D
 
Back
Top