What's new

Anyone else have no interest in upgrading their SP3 to Win 10?

mtalinm

I won't upgrade as long as they don't have thumbnails for unsynced OneDrive files. LOOOOVE that feature and use it all the time. I have hundreds of gigs of videos and music that won't fit on my Surface.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I updated my S3 to the Windows 10 Preview because using 8.1 was a disconnect from my SP3 and I missed much or the workflow from 10 when using 8.1, much more happy....

Kris

I won't upgrade as long as they don't have thumbnails for unsynced OneDrive files. LOOOOVE that feature and use it all the time. I have hundreds of gigs of videos and music that won't fit on my Surface.
Heard that feature wont be back till this fall, something about they are working on it. Too many people were too dumb to figure out what files were on there system and what ones were just one onedrive. It's a feature I greatly miss myself. I created a link, to the site, on my start menu to get around it for now.

mtalinm

Heard that feature wont be back till this fall, something about they are working on it. Too many people were too dumb to figure out what files were on there system and what ones were just one onedrive. It's a feature I greatly miss myself. I created a link, to the site, on my start menu to get around it for now.
oh, that feature will return? i thought it was gone forever so they could be "more like Dropbox" or something dum like that. then I will upgrade to 10 this fall

SeeVuPlay

I will definitely upgrade to 10. I actually didn't have any issues with 8.1 at all and I've been using Windows since 98. But there are too many features in 10 that I like...so I'm diving headfirst.

I use the pen on my SP3 heavily and really loike being able to write on web pages

dleuen

Normally I can't wait to upgrade to the latest but this time I'm sadly sitting on the sidelines. I need to see a good video or something of someone actually using the SP3 in tablet mode to convince me. I spend about 1/2 time in tablet and 1/2 time on the dock in desktop mode and 8.1 works perfect for that. I also need to be convinced that none of my apps will break on 10 so there's that too. I do too much real work on my SP3 both real work and pleasure to risk messing anything up.

leeshor

Normally I can't wait to upgrade to the latest but this time I'm sadly sitting on the sidelines. I need to see a good video or something of someone actually using the SP3 in tablet mode to convince me. I spend about 1/2 time in tablet and 1/2 time on the dock in desktop mode and 8.1 works perfect for that. I also need to be convinced that none of my apps will break on 10 so there's that too. I do too much real work on my SP3 both real work and pleasure to risk messing anything up.
That's what the slow ring is for. If it runs on 8.1 it will run on release 10130 which is where the slow ring is now.

malberttoo

Just go the safe/easy route and see for yourself- go download and install the free version of Macrium Reflect, and make a disk image of your existing 8.1 install, as-is.

Then do what Leeshor said and get on the slow ring (or fast ring- the latest 2 builds are very stable and polished) and try it out. If you don't like it, no harm no foul, just restore to your Macrium image and call it a day.

Seriously, Genchi Genbutsu. :)