What's new

ASUS 300CHI only $499 at Microsoft Store

jrioux

I know, it's not a Surface, but people who are thinking about buying the Surface 3 should seriously consider the ASUS 300CHI at the blowout price of only $499!

Compared to the S3, the 300CHI includes 1) an Intel Core M-5Y10c processor, 2) 4GB of RAM, 3) 128GB SSD drive, and 4) keyboard. That's considerably more for the same price as the base S3 without a keyboard. The 300CHI also has a 12.5" screen, which may or maynot be a plus, and it weighs more that the S3 (1.60 lbs or 3.19 lbs with the keyboard). The 300CHI's battery also doesn't last as long.

Anyway, the official Microsoft Ebay Store has the basic 300 CHI on sale for only $499. This looks like a close out deal. When I checked, they had sold 292. I don't know how many are left. Check it out at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251988232111?catId=58058&item=251988232111&rmvSB=true

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a chance i'd replace my sp3 with that, but probably my s3. can't possibly be any slower than the s3

CDG

That is an excellent deal and I am very tempted. The only thing that is holding me back is the superior build quality of both the tablet and keyboard of the S3 over the 2 Asus I tried. I might stop by at BB and check the 300 CHI out and if they are all gone by then, I will be spared making a decision. :D

I also have an Android Asus tablet and that hasn't the greatest build quality either.

OP
jrioux

jrioux

Not a chance i'd replace my sp3 with that, but probably my s3. can't possibly be any slower than the s3
The stats I've seen generally place the 300CHI's performance at or above the i3 SP3, but below the i5.

BTW, I'm very happy with my SP3.

Last edited:
OP
jrioux

jrioux

...The only thing that is holding me back is the superior build quality of both the tablet and keyboard of the S3 over the 2 Asus I tried...
Well, you tend to get what you pay for. Here it's a matter of balancing three thing - performance, quality and price. ASUS has price and performance, but not quality. For many people, that's good enough.

CDG

Well, you tend to get what you pay for. Here it's a matter of balancing three thing - performance, quality and price. ASUS has price and performance, but not quality. For many people, that's good enough.
Absolutely, for me the price is against it as well since I bought the S3 on 12 month RZ credit from BB and here I would have to pay right away.

Please don't misunderstand me, this is definitely a fantastic deal and I am looking forward to hearing from anyone on this board that got one.