What's new

Big Orange Arrow

bluegrass

I've been setting up some new SP3s where I work and in the process of checking things out a huge arrow occasionally pops up and you can't get rid of it. After doing some research it appears as though the only way to get rid of it is to do a registry hack. I can't believe that Microsoft would intentionally put the SP3s in that situation. Pretty disturbing. I have done the registry hacks and it appears to work, but................. Anybody read anything about this and why Microsoft would intentionally put a help tip on the screen, blocking the ability to see things under it and not be able to get rid of it.

leeshor

Unfortunately that happens on desktops too. With non touch monitors. Rather than research it I just restart it. ;)

OP
B

bluegrass

It is random. It even popped up doing some device settings. I could get it every time I started reading news. Ya. I just realized I probably only started seeing it because I'm setting up new Surfaces in a desktop environment with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I guess it won't happen if you use your Surface without a mouse, which is the way I generally work with mine.

However when these start finding their way into a business environment, most users will have them installed on their desk, just like I'm doing with a monitor, keyboard, & mouse attached. It will really be cool when users can get the SP3 docking station and can just pop them out and take them to a meeting, home, or on the road.

malberttoo

Ok, I do vaguely remember being mildly annoyed that I had to stop what I was doing, but like the others said, I think I just blew through it really quickly and have never seen it again.