What's new

Calendar Problem

johnwell

I would like to set up my calendar by entering individual dates and details, rather than transferring details from Outlook. Not real confident with that and it is incomplete anyway.

However, when entering multiple dates , say monthly in advance, the system does not seem to allow me to enter say, the 3rd Thursday of each month, but rather it sticks to the same date for the month for future months.

Is there a way around this? Outlook allows just that.
Thanks.

Sin

The calendar on the Surface is weak and doesn't have very good capability for reoccurring events. You can set those on your live calendar online. Not ideal, but what has worked for me. This is a big gripe for me, since this is the same situation on Windows Phone and has yet to be addressed. Microsoft set the bar with Outlook and now every calendar application is compared against that. I can't understand why Microsoft hasn't gotten around to handling simple things like an end date for reoccurring appointments.

OP
J

johnwell

A follow up thought re the calendar:
This forum has a calendar with the facility re forward entries that the Surface program lacks.
Is it possible to transfer the forum calender to the Surface.
If so, how?
If not why have it in the forum?

drossiter42

anyone else have a problem where your time seems to be off by 3 hours? when connected calendar to gmail account my events transferred over but were all off by 3 hours. also if I download facebook apps the posts are all off by 3 hours. any suggestions?

bosamar

My live.com accounts links all my calendars together into one. I input from Outlook on my desktops, my Windows phone 7, and RT. IMO the RT has the weakest calendar input but I bet it gets a big update in 2013.

J515OP

Super Moderator
anyone else have a problem where your time seems to be off by 3 hours? when connected calendar to gmail account my events transferred over but were all off by 3 hours. also if I download facebook apps the posts are all off by 3 hours. any suggestions?

Manually adjust the time and turn auto update off. Then reboot and you can probably turn the auto time back on.