What's new

DistributedCOM error on every sleep cycle (Event ID: 10016)

brosenz

Every time the SB enters the sleep state (I am plugged and docked) I get the following messages in Event Viewer:

- Kernel-Power: The System is entering connected standby, Reason: Power Button

- DistributedCOM: The Application-Specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

- Kernel-Power: The system is exiting connected standby, Reason: User Input

It happens consistently every time the SB enters Sleep, is there is way to fix it? thanks

JoA

Every time the SB enters the sleep state (I am plugged and docked) I get the following messages in Event Viewer:

- Kernel-Power: The System is entering connected standby, Reason: Power Button

- DistributedCOM: The Application-Specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

- Kernel-Power: The system is exiting connected standby, Reason: User Input

It happens consistently every time the SB enters Sleep, is there is way to fix it? thanks

I have the same issue. surface book reboots when I hit the button for sleep/power button it has a blue screen and sad face and says an error occurred..it reboots...this error shows in the event view each time this happen?
Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?