What's new

Solved endless connected Standby

OP
Haldi

Haldi

btw, where do you fill in an official windows 8.1 bug report to microsoft?
Anyone knows this?
This problem could be fixed with 15 minutes of work.

buers

Powercfg Ich kann nicht sprechen Deutsch

:)
It is however more severe, that powercfg doesn't speak correct XML.

If you look at the various screenshots of powercfg in this thread from posters with German language setup, you will see, that all the powercfg reports are in English anyway, even on Windows system setup for German (Besides the English language, you will also see English date formatting). Error messages on the command line are in German and obviously parts of some intermediate files also. So it looks really like a mess, that has never been tested well in the German language setup.

Haldi, I hope you can find the rigth place to adress this bug. Maybe a coder can fix the unmatched quotes in 15 minutes. Overall effort will still add to much more (understanding the problem, finding the right setup to reproduce it, finding the right persons to fix it, setting up the correct testing, QA, packaging things for patches, writing release notes, ...). Of course, it should be done!
Fixing the confusion with the decimal seperator (In a German setup, powercfg shows in its reports 42 mWh of battery capacity instead of 42000 mWh) might need even more time. I believe, this is the reason, that there are many empty cells in the report, where one would expect capacity values. It might be the reason, for sometimes strange battery-runtime estimations.

OP
Haldi

Haldi

aaaaannnd i'm getting the same Problem on Windows 10 xD

Battery Report: http://bit.ly/1Ca5z1F
Sleep Study: http://bit.ly/1BlXTGU

Sadly the fix is win8.1 specific and the commands do not work in win10.... anyone has an idea how to fix this? / What the correct values are for win10 ?

Sleep.png

edit:
P.S powercfg still doesn't speak german and the , . problem still persists on windows 10.... GJ!

Last edited: