What's new

HeadCar

sstrong

I've just released a new App to the Store called HeadCar. Let me know what you think. Always happy to make improvements.

OP
S

sstrong

Has any App developers had any experience with offering a Trial period? Did it help or do people just trial a myrad of apps but rarely buy? At the lowest price possible on the Store I figure HeadCar is already cheap enough.

leeshor

Has any App developers had any experience with offering a Trial period? Did it help or do people just trial a myrad of apps but rarely buy? At the lowest price possible on the Store I figure HeadCar is already cheap enough.

I can't tell you how many apps I have tried before buying. It doesn't matter much the cost in some peoples minds.

dallasfreak

I like to try before I buy ....you would sell more if you did this......ONLY IF THE GAME IS GOOD......I am Hoping it is ...wishing you luck ......Dallasfreak

ArnoldC

If you don't want to put in a trial, put up a video at least how it looks, plays, works, or whatever. It's not the cost for me, 1c or $100 doesn't matter, but it's my principle not to buy anything I will find crappy later on. I feel it's a trap. I paid for many apps, even on my previous iPhone, but there are apps I'm not willing to pay for, such as Board Express.

ArnoldC

An example of superbly written, presented, and useful application is Cocktail flow. I have it on all my devices to demonstrate how good an app that is so simple and yet useful and beautiful.

R0bR

I will not buy any app that I can't try first, I have to like it in order to buy it and it's not something that I can base on visuals. If it's a good app or game people will buy it, if it's just ok or worse people will feel they got duped and won't buy any new future releases you have.

Sin

I have bought a few apps that did not include a trial, but when there are issues that I don't like and there is no trial, my rating and review reflects that. If there is a trial, I will test out the app and if there are issues or feedback, I will usually email the developer to provide my comments in a less public forum. There are a lot of great developers who I've found to be genuinely interested in the critique and receptive to improving their product if it's something that is possible and I know that no product is perfect for everyone. With no trial the rating and reviews are all people have to make their decision.