What's new

Hi All

scotts1980

Hi, I've had my surface Rt a few weeks, I made my gf buy one first because of some of the reviews but I was impressed by the quality, so bagged myself one too.
Looking forward to reading through the forums and see if its worth me jailbreaking the surface or not and learning some hints and ticks.

oion

Hi, I've had my surface Rt a few weeks, I made my gf buy one first because of some of the reviews but I was impressed by the quality, so bagged myself one too.
Looking forward to reading through the forums and see if its worth me jailbreaking the surface or not and learning some hints and ticks.

Welcome.

It's only worth jailbreaking if there is something you really need that does not exist in the app store and there are no decent workarounds AND what you need is open source and recompiled for ARM support. That is, keep in mind that jailbreaking isn't going to suddenly allow the Surface RT to run regular Windows software like Firefox or Chrome. It doesn't work like that. ARM architecture is fundamentally different from x86 architecture. And the "soft" jailbreak itself doesn't void the warranty, unlike many other device jailbreaks.

I run the soft jailbreak whenever I require PuTTY (secure shell-telnet, secure FTP), which isn't that often.

Last edited: