What's new

just upgraded from Surface 2 to Surface 3

kundas1

Well I couldn't hold off! I bit the bullet and purchased the Surface 3 today and am now presently typing on it to post this thread as we speak, so far my first impression is it's THE PERFECT SIZE for a tablet, I was afraid that I would find it to big as I'm coming from the S2 and I liked the size but now I see this is sooo much better.. when I initially opened it up the battery was completely dead (which I didn't like) and hope nothing bad comes from this... so today I am gonna play with my new toy (like a kid) and see how this bad boy runs! Will post back with my impressions and findings...

dleuen

Congrats! I too thought the SP3 would be too big to use as a tablet but I find it way more comfortable than my SP1, probably because it is thinner and lighter. It has completely replaced my iPad and now when I do look at my iPad I find it to be too small.

kristalsoldier

Well I couldn't hold off! I bit the bullet and purchased the Surface 3 today and am now presently typing on it to post this thread as we speak, so far my first impression is it's THE PERFECT SIZE for a tablet, I was afraid that I would find it to big as I'm coming from the S2 and I liked the size but now I see this is sooo much better.. when I initially opened it up the battery was completely dead (which I didn't like) and hope nothing bad comes from this... so today I am gonna play with my new toy (like a kid) and see how this bad boy runs! Will post back with my impressions and findings...

Nice! I also came from the Surface 2 to the SP3 and I love it!

OP
kundas1

kundas1

wow! so I just tried an oldie but a goodie game called Raven Shield 3 and it works better than I thought! don't know what the frame rates are but to me it is running smooth as butter! very content with that as I still play this game regularly and this is gonna be fun to play when I'm on the road waiting for my mother when she's shopping...

Shawn Alfenito

wow! so I just tried an oldie but a goodie game called Raven Shield 3 and it works better than I thought! don't know what the frame rates are but to me it is running smooth as butter! very content with that as I still play this game regularly and this is gonna be fun to play when I'm on the road waiting for my mother when she's shopping...
I am getting a lot of mileage from my back catalog of games I never completed. Currently tested Guacamele, Prototype, Deus Ex Human evolution, Assassin's creed II, and Star Wars Force Unleashed II, all run very smooth. I am not a frame per second counter so I am not sure exactly what speed they are running at, but it feels perfectly responsive and enjoyable.