What's new

Lightroom on the SP3

Tmozer

I want to get Lightroom 5 on my SP3. I have purchased several versions (including 4) over the years but they are installed on other computers and I see no way to do an "upgrade" to my SP3.

I am considering either doing the $10 a month subscription service from Adobe (if I use Photoshop much, that would be a bargain) or spring for the full version of LR5.

Anyone using the subscription service from Adobe?

Jeff Au

I am sure you can transfer your Lightroom licenses from the other computers into your SP3 - unless if your other computer is still actively using Lightroom.

I started with LR3.x on one of my older laptop, and when I moved to SP3 I upgraded to LR5.6 and deactivated the lic on my old laptop (which is now recycled for someone else to use). The Adobe lics should be able to "move" with your current laptop as long as you activate it on one machine (some lics allow activation on two machines - home and work).

Ryan Simmons

I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud last year and still have the subscription due to requiring it for my Diploma. It works flawlessly on Surface Pro 3. Its great having all the apps and knowing your up-to-date with the latest versions automatically. Sort of like having my Office 365 subscription.

PhotoShop/Lightroom/Premier Pro/Audition etc etc all work very well on SP3.

I *think* the subscription lets your have it on several computers. I currently have it installed on my Surface Pro 3 and my Alienware M17X-R4 laptop and have no issues with licensing/account limits. They both seem to work fine without prompting me to deactivate any of my systems. Might be a benefit of having the subscription model (again, like Office 365 letting you have it on 5 different PC's).

I would recommend getting a CC subscription.

palmor

You should be able to install the version you have on the SP3 and use the same product key (this is what I have done when moving LR from computer to computer). However, If you don't have the original media I'm not sure you can download the older version from Adobe or not.