What's new

Low benchmark score i5 4GB

Tuck

I ran my 2 day old SP3 benchmarks using 3dMark demo, and I realised that my i5 4GB model is scoring quite a bit lower than anandtech's benchmark.
In his benchmark he scored, 642 in fire strike and 42129 in ice storm using the i5 8GB Ram model.
My benchmark scores are more inline with anandtech's benchmark for the i3...

My scores :
Fire Strike - 430 (well ventilated, start from cool)
Ice Storm - 31449 (well ventilated, start from cool)

So, if possible i'd like to refer to some benchmarks other users would have so as to identify whether my scores are a cause for concern. Cheers!

OP
T

Tuck

how is the battery, fully charged, is it plug-in?

if yes, maybe anandtech enabled hyper-v....

The battery is plugged in but not fully charged. However I did a test before when it was plugged in and fully charged, it didnt score that much better either.

If he enabled hyper-v then I guess it would be useful to compare with other users with or without hyper-v?

unruledboy

The battery is plugged in but not fully charged. However I did a test before when it was plugged in and fully charged, it didnt score that much better either.

If he enabled hyper-v then I guess it would be useful to compare with other users with or without hyper-v?

duh, my 3dmark demo crashed................

OP
T

Tuck

The SP3's been plagued with problems and a few of them were related to the connected stand by function, thus by using hyper-v some problems might be solved.

However it is unlikely that the benchmark anandtech was doing had hyper-v enabled, it would only make sense where a review would use it's stock performance.

Seeing through the rankings on 3dmark, I found out that generally the 8GB ram machines have a higher score than 4GB machines, is RAM supposed to affect that much for benchmarks like this? It was the only program running hence I doubt it was the problem of insufficient RAM

ctitanic

Why would Hyper-V make benchmarks faster?
HyperV should not affect the benchmark but what probably he was thinking is that the user enabled it to gain access to features in the power plan hidden if Connected Standby is enabled.

Going back to the OP question, Anandtech benchmark was in a prerelease unit. After that few Windows Updates were realized and many noticed a change in performance and a gain in battery life.

ctitanic

The SP3's been plagued with problems and a few of them were related to the connected stand by function, thus by using hyper-v some problems might be solved.

However it is unlikely that the benchmark anandtech was doing had hyper-v enabled, it would only make sense where a review would use it's stock performance.

Seeing through the rankings on 3dmark, I found out that generally the 8GB ram machines have a higher score than 4GB machines, is RAM supposed to affect that much for benchmarks like this? It was the only program running hence I doubt it was the problem of insufficient RAM
Having more RAM will increase performance in some grade.