What's new

Microsoft Unveils the 2nd Generation Band; Full Specs, Features, Price & Release Date

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
microsoft-band-2-revealed.jpg

Microsoft already has one of the best fitness smartwatches in the entire industry with the Microsoft Band, but they couldn't leave well enough alone. They took the device to the next level and made some impressive improvements. Here's a breakdown of new specs and features for the second gen Microsoft Band:
  • Gorilla Glass 3 OLED display
  • Built-in GPS
  • UV monitor, barometer, sleep tracker, calorie tracker
  • Notifications support
  • Built-in support for Cortana voice-based controls
  • The Microsoft Health app updated - now collects more health and fitness data and shows users statistics at a glance
  • Added VO2 max support - it can track the maximum volume of oxygen that an athlete can use - something no other fitness device currently does
  • The Microsoft Band comptabile with Windows, iOS and Android
  • Support for tons of apps, including Twitter, Facebook, Uber, MyFitnessPal and many more
The Microsoft Band (2nd gen) will sell for $249 and will be available to customers starting October 30th.

Johnny365

Looks nice. I have an original Pebble Steel that I've had the last year+. I like it's basic functionality, but also like that it's water proof (50 meters). Is the Band 2 like that?

VickiFL

I just picked up a Samsung Gear S too. It was a great deal, and I couldn't pass it up. I feel a bit guilty, but not even the new Band can be a stand alone smartphone. I think there is a place in my life for both. :)

VickiFL

I decided to cancel my pre-order, and just go into the physical MSFT store. I traded in my old band and bought the new Band 2 right then and there.

VickiFL

Looks nice. I have an original Pebble Steel that I've had the last year+. I like it's basic functionality, but also like that it's water proof (50 meters). Is the Band 2 like that?

No, the Band 2 is not waterproof like that.