What's new

Net Neutrality Lives! FCC will Classify the Internet Under Utility-Style Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeshor

That's s big if. Nobody other than the FCC even knows yet what's in the 320 pages of regulations.

One more thing. If it's only .30 I wouldn't have a problem with that. But you are certainly correct on one point. We get very little for what we pay in the US. And I think, primarily local, regulation and franchise fees has a lot to do with lack of competition.

Last edited:

Arizona Willie

Without Net Neutrality you will be paying A LOT MORE.
That's why Net Neutrality came to be. The Internet providers wanted to charge people more to have large programs / movies streamed at full speed.

They had plans to CHARGE YOU MORE.

To American corporations there is no such thing as enough profit.

They have to increase their profit every year in order to justify million dollar bonuses for the execs.

So they either have to get more customers or charge more.

The market is very tight and very finite so getting more customers is difficult and expensive because it requires offering deals ( which are always only good for the first few months and THEN they bend you over and plant it deep ) and lots of advertising.

Putting charges on your bill is EASY and CHEAP.

That's s big if. Nobody other than the FCC even knows yet what's in the 320 pages of regulations.

One more thing. If it's only .30 I wouldn't have a problem with that. But you are certainly correct on one point. We get very little for what we pay in the US. And I think, primarily local, regulation and franchise fees has a lot to do with lack of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.