What's new

One Note Metro crashing out??

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't seen this before. I was using One Note Metro to make notes from video lectures yesterday and every now and then in the middle of writing something the pen would stop responding and I'd be thrown out to the desktop. I had to restart the app. Anyone else had this??

I thought I'd hit the windows button but it wasn't that as usually that takes me to Start, not desktop and the app was not still running. It did it about 5 times over the course of an hour. Thankfully being a video lecture I coudl stop it until I'd restarted the app but it would have been an issue in a "real time" situation!

It hadn't happened before so I wonder if it's to do with updates??

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it continues to happen after a reboot, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling. After uninstalling you might have to wait a few minutes for the status to sync with the store so install shows up on the Store app.

Roozbeh

Same thing happens to me and it is very annoying. I'll see if uninstall/install would help. let us know if you found a solution.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. I'll report back, it hadn't happened to me before last night and I've used the metro version more than desktop as I prefer it when writing on the surface.