What's new

PIN or Password no longer works

crousesp

Turned on my SP3 this am, entered my PIN, and I got the circulating dots that didn't disappear as usual. After 20 seconds or so the screen went blank and when I pressed the power button twice to get the screen back on (not a power reset) it says my account is locked. Did the same with my other account, got the same results. Tried my Microsoft password and got the same results. Haven't changed my PIN since setting it up. (~3weeks ago). Basically, I can't get into my SP3 anymore until this issue is fixed. Any help out there?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Did you add a work email account recently? Have you powered the machine completely?

OP
C

crousesp

Nope. downloaded some pictures last night. Nothing else has changed. Tried pressing power button for 20 seconds or so for a hard reset but it didn't help.

OP
C

crousesp

Had to do the reset that keep docs but gets rid of apps to get it working again. Bummer! Now reloading all my apps.

OP
C

crousesp

Took the unit back to Microsoft store and they replaced it because I had also experienced the hi temp issue twice. New unit works fine.