What's new

Reserve your copy of 10

OGF

I have a surface pro 3.. obviously. I am not seeing the windows icon on the notification bar, just wondering if we are suppose too, or wait until the 29th?

Spider

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to this article, you should. I do on my W7 Pro. Maybe a reboot?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/get-wi...=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

"There's actually a road map hidden in plain sight, included with the update for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that enables the Get Windows 10 icon. An XML file installed with that update contains important clues about the program.

KB3035583 describes itself innocuously enough: "This update enables additional capabilities for Windows Update notifications when new updates are available to the user. It applies to a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)."

malberttoo

KB3035583 describes itself innocuously enough: "This update enables additional capabilities for Windows Update notifications when new updates are available to the user. It applies to a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)."

Yep that's super descriptive... :D

Spider

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, I just noticed this statement: "The upgrade offer is not being displayed on Enterprise editions or on domain-joined machines, where network administrators typically manage operating system upgrades." Maybe that's why you didn't get the icon?

The only thing exciting about the icon is that by clicking it you can link to the location where you can "Reserve" your copy of WX. This article contains the link: http://www.surfaceforums.net/thread...ree-upgrade-reserve-your-copy-wx-video.15439/

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are not all going to happen at the same time. Staggered roll out is the operative phrase.

Kusko_DE

I thought it would be a staggered roll out - strange thing is that literally everybody around got the invitation except myself. Already tried to restart/re-install the specific update.

leeshor

I have quite a few customers and one of my own systems that hasn't seen it yet. It's way too early to even do much with it.