What's new

[Review] Acer W3-810

Tom T

I was just preparing, had kind of a busy, but fun, long weekend. I will likely install it this evening.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Tom T

Windows 8.1 preview installed without any real trouble, got an error 0x80248008 while downloading com the market but a quick reboot sorted it out and it went smoothly. Have some time to play with it today and if I find any improvements or problems as they relate specifically to the smaller screen I'll mention them here, everyone that is Interested in 8.1 in general probably is already familiar with the preview overall.

Tom T

So far so good, nice to have the side by side snap feature working, and it works great. What is really impressing me so far, and really while running both 8 and 8.1 is how well windows runs in portrait mode. This alone leads me to believe these small screen windows tablets will be a huge success.

quadtronix

Thanks for the great reviews guys! I'm still thinking about picking it up... Have been following the W3 since early leaks from mini machines and then Amazon. I thought I'd mention in case you all didn't know, Engadget and CNET just recently posted their reviews. Yesterday I believe. Haven't read them yet but will probably do that today. Also some other sites including laptop.com from earlier this month. I think I will drop by Staples next week and see if they have one I can play with to help me decide. Its not that inexpensive plus I just bought the RT and the Droid DNA... That said, I am very tempted. :)

Tom T

Engadgets review was very positive, they were reviewing a unit with the 8.1 preview installed. They did note one thing I found interesting, most companies rate battery life as up to, and you rarely achieve it with actual use. This tablet gets considerably better than the 8 hours they estimate.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

That's technology for you. Not to justify my purchase, but I'm still happy with it even though I only use it to watch videos and the occasional social updates.

Tom T

I think it's a good move on their part, they have a solid machine here, and most of the bad press it receives is do to the screen.

quadtronix

Oh yah... BTW, I read the engadget review and other than the display, everything sounds sweet!! Passed a Staples today but didn't have time to check it out. I will though.