What's new

SP2 no CS

Tsurugaya

I can't get SP2 to get into connected standby in the Win 10 beta. It goes dark and then it won't come back on. Be it with the power button, closing the type cover off the charms bar. I'm ok with it being beta and all, just curious to know if it is widespread.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The SP and SP2 use traditional Power Management, so Sleep (S3) or Hibernation (S4)....

OP
T

Tsurugaya

I suppose I got confused. Before the Win 10 beta I could press the power button and I'd be back running again in a few seconds, but now I'm forced to do the 10 second shut down before I can start it up again. Since it was fast before I assumed that was CS, now I close the type cover or press the power button, it turns dark and then I can't get it going again unless I force a shut down. So I was wondering if other Win 10 users had the same problem.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose I got confused. Before the Win 10 beta I could press the power button and I'd be back running again in a few seconds, but now I'm forced to do the 10 second shut down before I can start it up again. Since it was fast before I assumed that was CS, now I close the type cover or press the power button, it turns dark and then I can't get it going again unless I force a shut down. So I was wondering if other Win 10 users had the same problem.
That would be a bug in Windows 10 Power Management....closing the cover or pressing the power button should put a SP2 into the S3 Power State (Sleep) if configured correctly....