What's new

SP4 external 4k display

Grumpy Wolf

I recently hooked my sp4 back up to my tv to use it as a steam streaming device. I have done this before and it worked fine, and it was hooked up to a SP2 which was doing 4k fine (but only 30hz). Problem I'm running into now is the device will not output higher than 1920 x 1080. I tried a second mini dp to hdmi adapter, same issue, I tried another cable, same issue. I then moved it to my other 4k tv. Same exact issue, I then hooked it up to my ultra wide 3440 x 144o monitor, that worked fine. I updated the device fully, I even installed the official intel drivers and tried to force the resolution through the intel software and it wouldn't allow it. I just did a full reset with the official SP4 image from Microsoft. Same problem, I'm updating it now, but I suspect it will have the same problem. I actually used to work for surface support and these were always nightmare calls that we usually couldn't fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Roel

I recently hooked my sp4 back up to my tv to use it as a steam streaming device. I have done this before and it worked fine, and it was hooked up to a SP2 which was doing 4k fine (but only 30hz). Problem I'm running into now is the device will not output higher than 1920 x 1080. I tried a second mini dp to hdmi adapter, same issue, I tried another cable, same issue. I then moved it to my other 4k tv. Same exact issue, I then hooked it up to my ultra wide 3440 x 144o monitor, that worked fine. I updated the device fully, I even installed the official intel drivers and tried to force the resolution through the intel software and it wouldn't allow it. I just did a full reset with the official SP4 image from Microsoft. Same problem, I'm updating it now, but I suspect it will have the same problem. I actually used to work for surface support and these were always nightmare calls that we usually couldn't fix. Anyone have any ideas?
Hi, I have the same problem. My SP4 displays HD on a 4K TV and on a 4K monitor, while my SP3 displays in 4K on both.