What's new

Still love the 3s

bluegrass

My boss just bought 7 more 3s for our office. Just wanted to mention a couple things. He could no longer find 3s with 8.1. Our company is about to start upgrading to 10 since it's hard to buy anything that doesn't have 10 on it. I also wanted to forewarn folks that these new 3s, even though they came with Windows 10 installed didn't have the 1511 upgrade on them. On all new Surfaces we get, I immediately do updates. Be prepared to for about 30 minutes or so to complete the 1511 update.

Now I need to convince my boss to only purchase the SP4 keyboards. We just got 4 in by mistake, so I was able to try one and I can understand why everybody is raving about them. I'll have to buy one for my personal 3.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My boss just bought 7 more 3s for our office. Just wanted to mention a couple things. He could no longer find 3s with 8.1. Our company is about to start upgrading to 10 since it's hard to buy anything that doesn't have 10 on it. I also wanted to forewarn folks that these new 3s, even though they came with Windows 10 installed didn't have the 1511 upgrade on them. On all new Surfaces we get, I immediately do updates. Be prepared to for about 30 minutes or so to complete the 1511 update.

Now I need to convince my boss to only purchase the SP4 keyboards. We just got 4 in by mistake, so I was able to try one and I can understand why everybody is raving about them. I'll have to buy one for my personal 3.
AFAIK Amazon is the only retail outlet that offers 8.1 as an option on S3 or SP3 although I wouldn't be surprised if corporate resellers like CDW etc. also had 8.1 options even if unadvertised.

OP
B

bluegrass

Too late. My manager, who normally is more conservative about moving to a new OS, is ready to start moving to W10. I personally moved to W10 as soon as the trial started and have not experienced any problems that I can for sure pin on W10. Also my boss watches the dollars closely and wants to move to W10 while it's still free. With over 100 clients to upgrade, he'll need me to get started on the W10 upgrade project to get them all done by September while they're free.