What's new

Surface 3 or Pro & Screen Size

wrcowan2002

Bought a Surface used and need to know how to tell if its a Surface 3 or Pro. Also, need to get a screen protector and sizes available for 3s are 10.8 or 12. The diagonal measurement is 11 1/2 usable portion of screen & 13 1/2 total. Whats the correct way to measure screen size?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Go to PC settings and then system about and should tell you the device you have or look under the kick stand....

OP
W

wrcowan2002

if anyone has any has any advice about how screen size is determined I would really appreciate it its not in settings

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
if anyone has any has any advice about how screen size is determined I would really appreciate it its not in settings
From the Start Menu type msinfo and select System Information....

upload_2016-3-26_20-24-57.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought a Surface used and need to know how to tell if its a Surface 3 or Pro. Also, need to get a screen protector and sizes available for 3s are 10.8 or 12. The diagonal measurement is 11 1/2 usable portion of screen & 13 1/2 total. Whats the correct way to measure screen size?
Oriented with Windows Button on the right side:
A Surface Pro 3. is 11.5 inches wide, Screen diagonal measure is 12 inches
A Surface 3 non is 10.5 inches wide, Screen diagonal measure is 10.8 inches
Any other values are inaccurate.

The CPU or Processor in a Surface 3 non is:
Intel Atom x7-Z8700 CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1601 Mhz.
This is the only option for Surface 3 non and is NOT an option for a Pro 3.
If you have something other than the above CPU such as (i3, i5, i7) it is NOT a Surface 3 non Pro.

Last edited: