What's new

UK Excitement building - shipping date 12th Nov

Hovesteve

Not long to go now till the UK Shipping date this Thursday 12th November. I can't wait, should have an SP4 I5 256 8GB winging its way soon. Mixture of trepidation and excitement. I hope our initial experiences aren't as painful as some of you guys over the pond.
Just had the money taken off my card for the Pen Tip set, so at least something should be here by the end of the week!
Anyone else in the United Kingdom expecting their Pro4 this week? What are your thoughts?

Afy

Am waiting for the i7 model to be released before deciding which one to get. I really do want 16GB RAM. And in the yUK that seems possible only with the i7 hence.. wait and wait. I do plan on poping into John Lewis tomorrow to play with the SP4 though.

Mark W

Yep, waiting for the 12th November UK shipping date for my SP4 I5 256 8GB

Still using my SP3 I5 256 8GB so will be good to compare. Most likely will get the new keyboard and a replacement case.
When the SP4 is all setup and running, my SP3 will be up for sale :)

I also am waiting for the 3rd December UK shipping of my Micorosft Lumia 950 which will be replaceming my Nokia lumia 1020

stammie

I too am eagerly anticipating Thursday but I haven't pre-ordered,
I don't want to buy from Currys/PCWorld or the Microsoft Store, I want to buy from John Lewis where I got my Surface 3 from with the hope of getting great customer service and free extended warranty.
The best I can get out of John Lewis CS is that they can't imagine they wont be selling the SP4 but they wont tell me if they definitely will be.
As someone who has the dubious pleasure of having to work in Central London I'll be hitting their Oxford Street store at the earliest opportunity on the 12th.

As an aside will anyone else be keeping two Surfaces? There are certain work situations where my non pro 3 will be the machine I use but the SP4 will be my main machine (hopefully) after Thursday.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not upgrading to pro 4 but I'm still excited as I should have a new pen and keyboard winging their way to me. Hopefully that will make my pro3 feel like a new device.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself, as I really have no need to upgrade my i7 pro 3 does everything I need it to do and more and I have no complaints at all with it!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not upgrading to pro 4 but I'm still excited as I should have a new pen and keyboard winging their way to me. Hopefully that will make my pro3 feel like a new device.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself, as I really have no need to upgrade my i7 pro 3 does everything I need it to do and more and I have no complaints at all with it!
You should be very happy, I have not heard of any pens or keyboards crashing :)

OP
H

Hovesteve

I don't want to buy from Currys/PCWorld or the Microsoft Store, I want to buy from John Lewis where I got my Surface 3 from with the hope of getting great customer service and free extended warranty.
The best I can get out of John Lewis CS is that they can't imagine they wont be selling the SP4 but they wont tell me if they definitely will be.
As someone who has the dubious pleasure of having to work in Central London I'll be hitting their Oxford Street store at the earliest opportunity on the 12th.

As an aside will anyone else be keeping two Surfaces? There are certain work situations where my non pro 3 will be the machine I use but the SP4 will be my main machine (hopefully) after Thursday.

I bought my RT that I'm replacing with the SP4 from John Lewis. As you say great customer service. I used the click and collect service from Waitrose, worked really well. We aren't worthy of a John Lewis in Brighton! I hope I don't regret jumping ship to the MS store.

My RT still works ok, the occasional issue. I might keep it under the bed, when I get urge for a spot of surfing in the middle of the night!

Omni

I pre-ordered my SP4 i5/256/8gb last week but got a email this morning saying there was a problem with my card! Hopefully sorted that one out now just hoping I haven't delayed it :(.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm still keeping an eye on the dates, and did just spend a bunch of money. But am still entertaining the idea of giving my partner my sp3 for creative purposes (need to lend it to her to see if 4gb is sufficient) and get an sp4. I've been on Windows 10 since the begining so am aware of all of the annoying issues it brings.

Afy

I probably will swing by Oxford Street in the evening.
They don't have it on their website. Though PC World does..

stammie

If I get there earlier in the day (work allowing I should do) I'll post back here to let you know if they have any, might save you a wasted trip