What's new

Well, this is enought, no more Surfaces for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozozuz

Hi guys, I have written many times in this forum but probably this will be the last one but i would like to have your opinion.

I bought my SP3 128Gb at Italian "dayone", that if I am not mistaken it was towards the end of August and from that day I changed exactly 5 surface for many problems like overheating, yellow tint, bleeding, fan problems etc.
Meanwhile in this months I spent time and money to buy packs, packaging, petrol "because I had to be the one to bring the package to the courier", and I don't have collection points near home

I tried it with the replacement , I tried to ask for a refund and buy it back but nothing, in five months i wasn't able to have a device running w/out problems.
From my last surface replacement have been a few months, i had a exams at university and I needed to have with me a working device but now, i want my money back.
Now i have a little of free times i don't want to stay three weeks "or maybe months" without the device or with the risk risk of receiving for the SIXTH (SEVENTH?) time a defective device.

Do you thing is a legitimate request ?

Those two are my last surfaces, the last one has also heating problems.

Mh37w4cs.jpg

Cemukt7s.jpg

ctitanic

After those so many tries I doubt that they will give you back your money. But you can try.

Every time I read a post like this I wonder if I bought a different device. May be I know too well the device and don't use it for stuff that will stress it to the limits. May be I'm busier enjoying it than looking for defects. May be I'm too good on maintaining it well tuned. I really don't know.

Kif

Mine has light bleed and a yellow bar on the left side of the screen. Like you I don't have a lot of extra time. The backlight bleed isn't noticable during normal usage and doesn't really bother me. The yellow band bums me out but haven't been motivated enough to try to deal with it. I don't know why but almost all the tablets I've owned regardless of the manufacture had had one issue or another. I'm moving to a place where I just enjoy it for what it is and not obsess over the details.

Last edited:
OP
O

Ozozuz

After those so many tries I doubt that they will give you back your money. But you can try.

Every time I read a post like this I wonder if I bought a different device. May be I know too well the device and don't use it for stuff that will stress it to the limits. May be I'm busier enjoying it than looking for defects. May be I'm too good on maintaining it well tuned. I really don't know.

Well, it's not my fault if i had to try so many times to have "to do not have" a working device.
I have a more than thorough knowledge of what we are saying and I do not think a problem of tuning, and since I do not believe in bad luck, this is just a low quality production.

Question, the screen shots, what are they for? To show what?
This is bigger size version, just to let you know, you should only be able to see a black screen, and do not tell me this is looking for defects.

RW0Tyw5l.jpg

b4X8ekXl.jpg

Mine has light bleed and a yellow bar on the left side of the screen. Like you I don't have a lot of extra time. The backlight bleed isn't noticable during normal usage and doesn't really bother me. The yellow band bums me out but haven't been motivated enough to try to deal with it. I don't why but almost all the tablets I've owned regardless of the manufacture had had one issue or another. I'm moving to a place where I just enjoy it for what it is and not obsess over the details.

Yeah, i have also the yellow bar on the left side, not a big deal, just a boring problem, i get used to it. My backlight bleeding becomes fully visible "and annoying" whenever I am not in perfect lighting conditions.
Can't watch a movie with black bands.

ctitanic

I'm moving to a place where I just enjoy it for what it is and not obsess over the details.

Nothing is perfect, it's a matter of establishing if there are more positive than negative points while using the device. I don't know if mine suffers from backlight bleed. If this issue is there then it's not something that bothers me when I'm using the device. I don't spend time in the boot screen after all.

OP
O

Ozozuz

Define workable? .

Like I said before. I do not spend time "working" in the boot screen.
You really looked at the screen that I sent?
The problem that i show before in during boot appear in every black screen during normal usage, a video, a movie, programs, game. :/

And I would just remember, we're talking about a niche product, VERY expensive that makes quality its strong point.

goodintentions

I feel extremely fortunate to have gotten a used sp3 i5 with keyboard for $780 total and absolutely no problem. I even just rebooted in a dark room to see if I could catch any light bleed. Found none.

ctitanic

You really looked at the screen that I sent?
The problem that i show before in during boot appear in every black screen during normal usage, a video, a movie, programs, game. :/

And I would just remember, we're talking about a niche product, VERY expensive that makes quality its strong point.
May be most of the time I'm not in "black" screens.

tuchas

TBH, I have had numerous problems with Surface devices, and most were with Surface Pro 3s. Most recently I had a defective unit with a screen problem. Went to the MS store, they brought out one from the back and it didn't even boot up. Finally have one working but battery life is pathetic even with turning down screen brightness and shutting off as many processes as I can. As much as I like my SP3, there ARE QC problems with these. Too many complaints for it to go unnoticed. What about the lingering WiFi issue that is STILL not solved for many?

Yeah, if I was the OP, I'd be demanding a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.