What's new

2 month old Surface 2 can't turn on

incyann

Hey all,

Just 2 days back I wanted to restart my tablet because it wasn't connecting to my home Wi-Fi. However, it did not manage to restart and haven't turned on since then. I've tried all ways possible to TRY to turn on the table but it hasn't been successful.

Whenever I connect it with the charger, the white light beside the front camera lights up and blinks occasionally.

Please assist on this issue!

Thank you all!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hold the Power Button Down for 10 to 20 seconds, wait 10 Seconds, hold the Volume Rocker Down and Press the Power Button and if a successful you should feel it vibrate and see the Surface Logo....

OP
I

incyann

Hi,

The method you mentioned doesn't work.

When I plug in the power adapter, the light beside the front camera lights up and blinks occasionally. Once I unplug it, the light doesn't show up anymore.

Do I have to just leave it unplugged?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact Microsoft and request a RMA for repair or exchange.

OhPinchy

I've got a similar problem with my Surface 2. It turns on and the Surface logo is displayed but after a few seconds it reboots and again the Surface logo is displayed and then it reboots again and cycles like this indefinitely. Haven't been able to get it to enter the BIOS. I did not create a USB Recovery Disk. It would be great if there was a way to get a recovery image to at least try that before sending it back in for repair (which is the only option that seemed to be available on the Microsoft site).