What's new

Solved Any trick to audio output?

tonypitt

I am using my SP3 in the classroom for teaching. In 2 separate rooms now I have hooked my SP3 up to a provided audio jack and not had sound come out of the classroom speakers. My SP3 continues playing audio through its built in speakers just fine.

I thought it might be a problem with the jack and so in both cases I put the jack into my iPhone. It played audio through the system just fine.

Is there something special I need to do to have the SP3 send out audio via the jack port?

I ordered one of these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SP0WAQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in case that was the problem. It hasn't come in yet for testing.

kundas1

you might have to "right" click on the speaker icon on the taskbar bottom right and click on "playback"devices and choose the adapter as default and you should then hear it from the adapter... but normally it should play automatically through the adapter.

ctitanic

you might have to "right" click on the speaker icon on the taskbar bottom right and click on "playback"devices and choose the adapter as default and you should then hear it from the adapter... but normally it should play automatically through the adapter.
Correct.

olimjj

I am using my SP3 in the classroom for teaching. In 2 separate rooms now I have hooked my SP3 up to a provided audio jack and not had sound come out of the classroom speakers. My SP3 continues playing audio through its built in speakers just fine.

If I may reiterate what was indicated and suggested by the prior posters, and also to troubleshoot a bit more:
Right click on Speakers icon in the taskbar and select Playback devices from the menu. With nothing connected to the headphone jack (audio output port on the SP3); you should see Speakers (the internal speakers of course) and Headphones. The Speakers should be indicated as your Default Device, and should be checked. When you insert the provided classroom stereo plug (I assume that’s what you meant when you said jack) into the SP3’s headphone jack, the Default Device should now change automatically (as kundas1 indicated) to Headphones, and now it should be checked. If this is not happening then (as kundas1 indicated) select it manually. You might have to double click on it. Let us know if this was successful.

OP
T

tonypitt

I was to successfully play audio on Thursday. What I discovered as perhaps a contributing factor to my thinking that sound was not being output was that I had to significantly increase the volume level. All seems to be functioning well now. Thanks, all.