What's new

Anyone Recording Music with Surface Pro 3?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone hear has tried to record music with the SP3. Does anyone know if it is able to handle recording multitracks and loops with software such as Mixcraft?

I am just trying to find out if it is doable on the SP3. I know I will probably have to get an audio interface and will of that, but will the unit itself be able to handle it without any lag or latency issues?

Thanks!

riggi

Handles it easily.
I use REAPER and a Samson Meteor USB mic.
Makes for a very portable DAW with a decently large screen.
I can also record with REAPER and the Samson on my Asus vivotab note 8 which only has a Baytrail CRU. It's OK for tracking, but the screen is a little too small for editing and mixing.

If you look up Molten Music on YouTube, they have done a series of videos about using the SP3 for music.

jojoB3

At $79 the Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD offers low-latency performance plus 2 channels of Midas pre's, decent enough output options, and phantom power switchable. Not a big fan of Behringer but they did this one well. Helluva deal and it sounds great.

On my SPro3 I have:
- Reaper 5 (x64)
- Cantabile 3 Solo (VST Host, touch ready)
- Sibelius 8 (scoring)

VSTi: Omnisphere, EP-4, OP-X 1 and 2, Addictive Drums 2, and a number of free but interesting VSTi

Last edited: