What's new

Siavashb

Hi All, I have a Surface Pro 4 - i7 8GB 256GB. So far, I had Windows Hello off. I usually run:
1) Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome with several tabs, one of them is streaming video/music.
2) Visual Studio or some other IDE.
3) Skype
4) Explorer
5) Mail App
I get 2.5 to 3:25 hours out of the battery at best, with Battery Saver kicking in at 30% and Brightness at Brightest (>30% charge) and Brighter (<30 charge).
It also takes anywhere between 2.5 to 3.5 hours depending on how I am using it.
Now, I just want to know if this is what I should be expecting or should I be calling Microsoft Support?!
Thanx In Advance and Happy Holidays

OP
S

Siavashb

Sorry, I meant to say "It also takes anywhere between 2.5 to 3.5 hours to CHARGE depending on how I am using it."

Zkyevolved

Hmm, I think this should be normal. To give you an idea, a phone takes about an hour to charge 3,000 mah with Fast Charge 2.0 (without FC2.0 it takes about 2 hours) ( a tiny battery compared to a full PC tablet). Not to mention, you're continuing to use it while charging, correct? I'd try turning it off and charging to see if that helps...

I don't see any issues with that charge time. The MacBook Air takes over 3 hours to charge... So, if yours takes 2.5, then it's faster. if it takes 3, it's about the same, and if it takes 3.5, maybe it's due to usage while charging. But I think 3 hours charging for ever 6-8 that it gives you (maybe even 5-7? lol) is fine by me.

OP
S

Siavashb

Thanx. But as I mentioned I get 2.5 to 3.25 hours of work out of a full charge. I suspect that would be severely reduced were I to turn on the Windows Hello feature!

chrisabril

I'm pretty sure I get at least 4 hours of battery life, and I'd say even 5 (I haven't counted it tho so I can't assure it)

The use is mostly microsoft edge, word 2016, uTorrent and drawboard.

TTown

2.5-3.25 of use isn't normal. I have Windows Hello and WiFi turned on and get probably around 5+ hours. Right now I watched a 2+ hour movie, played some games, browsed the web using Edge and I have 52% battery remaining. It is estimating 2 hours 19 minutes remaining, although I don't trust the estimates 100%.