What's new

Battery not detected

kmcspringford

So all of a sudden my SP3 will not detect the battery and I'm told that MS knows about this and is working on a patch. It seems to have occurred after the last update. Anyone else having this issue? Do we know when the update will come through? Would a factory reset take care of the issue? Would I still have Windows 10 id I did the reset?

Avinashkn

Same here :( My warranty expired on 19th Aug 2016 and they denied to swap :( They told me that I have to wait till MS fixes this issue :( I am not able to use my pro3 without wired adapter now :(

So all of a sudden my SP3 will not detect the battery and I'm told that MS knows about this and is working on a patch. It seems to have occurred after the last update. Anyone else having this issue? Do we know when the update will come through? Would a factory reset take care of the issue? Would I still have Windows 10 id I did the reset?
I have the same problem. When I took it to the Microsoft Store, they told me that I needed a new battery for $460!!! I have read that this is a software update issue and am looking for the Microsoft fix. Does anybody have a status on this? BTW - I checked my battery type and yes it is Simplo - the reported problem battery.