Battery question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by trident777, Oct 21, 2016.

1. trident777

trident777 New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Since the SP4 core i5 is a pretty expensive acquisition in my view I am a bit concerned that the battery on this thing will crap out way too early and since it's not user serviceable I have a few questions...

I mainly use my SP4 at home with the charger on, I take it that this does not use up a charge cycle, however I know the battery has a lifespan by age as well regardless of cycles.

- How many charge cycles can the battery take? How does age affect battery performance?
    - What are the options if the battery dies out of warranty?

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi trident. I can't answer your questions, but I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill and becoming overly concerned. All I can tell you is I have had mine over a year, battery is still as it was when bought. I also have an SP3, which is reported to have significant battery issues, it is now over 2 years old, also as good as when new. I also have an S3 bought at launch, battery is also as good as when new (by as good I mean absolutely no discernible difference).

Regarding having the battery replaced though, I think it is a case of send it to microsoft for about
    £/$300

3. trident777

trident777 New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    well, I was concerned because I have a Galaxy Note 3, after about 2 years battery performance diminished by about 50-60%. Use/Charge was every day of course. Luckily I just got a brand new battery as it's user replaceable and everything went back to 100%. My point is that not all batteries are created equal and some do degrade significantly within a year or two.