Can I move SP3 programs and info from one machine to another?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by Sewynwa, May 31, 2018.

1. Sewynwa

Sewynwa New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I broke my Surface Pro 3 screen and want to save having to reinstall all my programs on another SP3.

My damaged surface pro 3 has a destroyed touch screen. Totally shattered with a bent corner making screen replacement problematic. But, it does give access to all internals. I also have another surface pro 3 that is fully operational. I am hoping to move all the information, programs, data, settings, passwords, etc., from the broken machine to the working machine making it essentially the old one. Hopefully, I will not have to reinstall my programs. While I have gained access to the drive from the broken machine using a USB adapter for the old SSD, I have not been able to get the machine to boot from the USB. Pretty sure this is because of the bit-locker on the old drive. Unfortunately, the latest backup from the damaged machine does not include some programs installed after the backup.

What is the best way to proceed? I am hoping I can some how clone the old drive to the internal drive but have no idea how to proceed at this point.

Thanks.