What's new

Can't send the SP3 back

To those of you who might be thinking I'm one of those "Negative Nellies" you've been talking about, you'll be happy to know I intended on returning the SP3... because of some of it's limitations, and frankly some bugs that just shouldn't be present in a flagship product like this....but when the time came to take it back, I couldn't bring myself to do it!

The truth is, the device is just so darned cool and useful and flexible in so many different ways, I don't want to go back to my heavy old laptop + iPad configuration.

With some of your help online, I've improved my battery time, and lowered my frustration over issues like throttling.

Guess MS got a lot of things right if I couldn't bring myself to return the product :)

Michael

sleith001

As to being negative,

I have no problem when people being negative, as long as we are talking about technology. I have problem with 1. trolls. Usually I don't have good language to them. You just can't be a gentleman to an idiot. 2. Silly arguments, like "learning curves" with Windows 8, that's pure BS. It's offensive even hearing it.

Len J

Lol

I keep finding new ways to use it. It's the first new computer tool experience I've had in years.

Len

Glad you're enjoying it! The 3 has been a blessing to my computer needs in productivity and consumption. The sky's the limit on a Windows!

bluegrass

I can't stand to not have it by me all the time. I don't need to bring it to work since I have a desktop on my desk at work and a number of laptops at my disposal. The Surface seems to keep me energized in my job, which is keeping about a hundred desktop & laptop users running where I work. I just don't feel comfortable without my Surface by my side. Just yesterday my manager and another boss wanted to check out wifi strengths and speed at a few location around our office so I just grabbed the Surface and showed them the wifi speed & strength at a few locations. It's impressive compared to carrying a laptop around to do the same thing. Am I a little bit off or do some of you feel the same about not straying too far from your Surface.

I even make up excuses to stop by the Microsoft store & hang out for awhile. My next trip I think I'll pick up a Surface Arc mouse because I hear it will flatten out to fit in my bag that doesn't have a lot of extra space. I even have 3 Bluetooth mice including the Wedge. When there is a better way or a better product, I find a way to do it and/or get it. I'm also a bit lazy I guess and always try to find simpler & better ways of doing things.

ipaq_101

I can't stand to not have it by me all the time. I don't need to bring it to work since I have a desktop on my desk at work and a number of laptops at my disposal. The Surface seems to keep me energized in my job, which is keeping about a hundred desktop & laptop users running where I work. I just don't feel comfortable without my Surface by my side. Just yesterday my manager and another boss wanted to check out wifi strengths and speed at a few location around our office so I just grabbed the Surface and showed them the wifi speed & strength at a few locations. It's impressive compared to carrying a laptop around to do the same thing. Am I a little bit off or do some of you feel the same about not straying too far from your Surface.

I even make up excuses to stop by the Microsoft store & hang out for awhile. My next trip I think I'll pick up a Surface Arc mouse because I hear it will flatten out to fit in my bag that doesn't have a lot of extra space. I even have 3 Bluetooth mice including the Wedge. When there is a better way or a better product, I find a way to do it and/or get it. I'm also a bit lazy I guess and always try to find simpler & better ways of doing things.
If I didn't get strange looks from my management, I would have it at work daily.

I prefer it over my desktop at work, hell I would even spring for the dock myself if they let me use it, unfortunately Corporate America has forgotten to think outside the box.