Direct Stylus Drivers/Support

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface 2' started by eddie.eddy, Oct 22, 2013.

1. eddie.eddy

eddie.eddy New Member

Since the Surface 2 is ran by the Tegra 4 which supports Direct Stylus technology is Microsoft going to implement this technology?

Basically it allows palm detection, pressure sensitivity, using the opposite end of the stylus for erasing.

There are a few videos of the Tegra Note which is ran by the same chip showing the stylus in action.

Seems like this would help sell these tablets. I had a Surface 2 on pre-order until I found out this technology would not be enabled.

2. demandarin

demandarin Active Member

Surface team said on redditt this is something that could be possible down the road. Like through an update.

3. hypokondriak

hypokondriak New Member

I think that would be tremendous value. If you want to drive people to this platform, keep giving them nuggets to do so.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

4. EddySnoozah

EddySnoozah New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Well, I don't know about a dedicated stylus, but I have one of those cheap capacitative touch screen pens (one of those with the rounded rubbery end) and it works quite well as a stylus on my Surface 2 as long as I don't press too hard - its quite easy to white on the screen with it. I might actually look for a cheap stylus which looks more like a pen (i.e. with a pointed end) although I suspect that I can type faster than can write