What's new

eBay fakies.......

xJR619x

I did a quick look for Surface 3 stylus in eBay.co.uk and found some stylus in Honk Kong for a mere £20.
Now to me this seems too good to be true so I'm betting my bottom dollar they are fake Chinese knock offs.
Also in the title it does not state "Genuine" anywhere.
Just thought best to point this out before people start getting ripped off by thinking they are getting a bargain.
I think I will bet mine from PCworld when they get them back in stock at my local shop.
Hoe this helps

kundas1

they might not be fake but "unbranded" because all the pens are fabricated in china already... but a link to one of the pens your referring to might help in establishing if it indeed is a fake.

jace88

I'm assuming you mean this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICROSOFT...780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf8d89ee4

Whilst a lot of the warnings/caveats do seem suspicious, the final photos look like maybe these were bulk sales for educational or institutional use?

aa886750-a9ef-4fed-9ef2-9f28bc1b7422.jpg

OP
xJR619x

xJR619x

Yes the ones in the pic is them,I'm still convinced they are fake as we all know China is the fake capital of the world.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd happily buy one at that price, regardless of the potentially dubious nature.

That said, i wouldn't buy one of those. I make a habbit not to buy "bargain" imports to avoid the long shipping and potential customs charges. Not to mention returns etc. I prefer the peace of mind of buying domestic.

jace88

I wonder if any of the new Surface 3 owners on here who haven't bought a pen yet are up to take one for the team and risk it! (I unfortunately already got my parents to buy for me from Australia where there were more colours of pens/cases than Singapore otherwise I'd try).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where the heck do you think the "real" ones are made??
Which is why they can so easily make cheap knockoffs with inferior components and shoddy workmanship.

Light blue digital - I prefer the genuine digital not some light blue knockoff
100%Reality - Yes it's 100% fake. That's the reality.