What's new

External Monitors Sometimes don't Wake Up

ynohtna

Didn't see this actually posted anywhere....

With my two monitors hooked up to the dock, when I walk away for a bit and all the monitors have gone into stand by, I click the mouse to wake up. Many times, the two externals stay in stand by mode. Sometimes everything wakes up ok.

To fix when it's not away, I undock, wait a bit, then re-dock.

It's getting annoying. Any ideas? :)

Thanks

surfdock

What cables and adapters are you using? I had this same issue with the newer Monoprice minidp->HDMI adapters which have the NXP semiconductor chip inside. Sometimes the monitor would not come online unless I unplugged the cable to reset it. All mDP->HDMI and mDP->DVI adapters have active electronics inside, even if they are advertised as "passive". HDMI/DVI is 5v and mDP is 3.3 volt. So there is *always* an integrated circuit in there doing some sort of conversion.

I have not had this problem with the Surface Pro brand adapter for what its worth. Based on specs, I actually think the Acell v1.2 adapter http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B086B-007B-2-Active-Adapter-Packaging/dp/B00F90H77A is the best, but the construction, materials, and durability of the Surface brand adapter is far superior to anything out there right now even if it doesn't strictly support the highest bandwidth modes like the newest Acell one.

Last edited: