Finally, Pen Customization!!!

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally - Yayyy!!!

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

ScottyS

I don't have those pen customization options even after updating the Surface App.
I uninstalled it and then re-installed it, but still none of those options below the pressure sensitivity boxes.
So I just uninstalled it again, and now when I search in MS Store for Surface or Surface App it doesn't even come up as an app!

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have those pen customization options even after updating the Surface App.
I uninstalled it and then re-installed it, but still none of those options below the pressure sensitivity boxes.
So I just uninstalled it again, and now when I search in MS Store for Surface or Surface App it doesn't even come up as an app!
Which pen/surface are you using?

I'm usign a SP4 Pen on SP3 and I didn't get any options until I updated the drivers on the Surface Pen to the SP4 versions, then suddenly the customisation options appeared in the Surface app.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member

Did you get your Pen Issue figured out? If not let me know.

ScottyS

Which pen/surface are you using?

I'm usign a SP4 Pen on SP3 and I didn't get any options until I updated the drivers on the Surface Pen to the SP4 versions, then suddenly the customisation options appeared in the Surface app.

I'm (still) using the SP3 pen on my SP3. So it's only available after loading the SP4 pen driver?
Guess that's another reason to get the SP4 pen. I was planning to get the SP4 type cover, so I guess I'll be getting both.

Did you get your Pen Issue figured out? If not let me know.
If it needs SP4 pen drivers I will be getting that, but right now searching for Surface and Surface App in MS store doesn't bring it up any more. Odd.:confused:

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm (still) using the SP3 pen on my SP3. So it's only available after loading the SP4 pen driver?
Guess that's another reason to get the SP4 pen. I was planning to get the SP4 type cover, so I guess I'll be getting both.

If it needs SP4 pen drivers I will be getting that, but right now searching for Surface and Surface App in MS store doesn't bring it up any more. Odd.:confused:

Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center and get this SurfacePro4_Win10_151203_0.zip.
Extract the files - then...

Extract the ZIP file, navigate down to \Drivers\Pen and install the following:
SurfacePen
SurfacePenPairing
SurfacePenSettingsDriver

By going into each directory and right clicking the .INF file and select "Install"

Restart your SP3 Then re-pair your pen in Settings, Devices, Bluetooth.

Then you can open the Surface App and you will see the additional pen settings.

Now I copied and pasted this from a link in these forums from giblack71 - I'm not trying to take credit for his work. But this should install the drivers and if I am not mistaken the Surface App as well.