What's new

Get Surface Pro 4 or wait for Surface Pro 5 or iPad Pro

dstrauss

GOG - If you've got another computer, it is safe to try the iPad Pro; otherwise, you will need a real computer, and only the Surface/Surface Pro options will give you that. I have an iPad Air 2 that has gotten little/no use because of my Surface Pro 3, and now my Surface Pro 4. Even though the numbers say there is little difference between the size and weight of the SP3 and SP4, the in-hand feel of the SP4 just seems better. It may also be the fact that it is SILENT when using it for true tablet features (browsing, email, video) - the fan rarely comes on even when docked at my desk. Is it as convenient as an iPad Air 2 - no - but having owned a Surface Book, whose clipboard is even larger (but a little smaller than the iPad Pro), the SP4 form factor is near perfect as a table that DOES replace your desktop and laptop.

In fact, I'm not sure why Microsoft positions the SP4 against the MacBook Air and not the MacBook Pro 13 - now that the SP4 i7 has Iris Graphics integrated into it. For me (who is a tablet first fan) it is the complete solution.